Sunday, January 31, 2010

Overwhelming Doubt....

What do you do when you doubt something about yourself? Another words...you do not feel like you can accomplish one thing you wish to accomplish...

I have been "doubting" myself a lot lately in one specific area. Actually, I have had this strong sense of doubt for over a year now. I have almost given up! However, I decided to share with God my situation and hand it over to him.

I prayed that God would carry this heavy burden of doubt and help show me what he wants me to do with it. I have been so confused, lost, saddened, depressed, upset, embarrassed, uncomfortable, shameful, disgusted...you name the word and that is how I have felt.

After praying...I felt a sense of peace. I finally gave my "doubt(s)" over to God. I know that God is in control and can do far more than what I can do. This is the way it is supposed to be. If I would only stop having so much pride and recognize that God will do far more than what is imagined...

Why is it so hard to give God all of our burdens? I know in this certain area in my life I have been too embarrassed to ask God for help. The amazing thing is that God is there for us no matter what. He already knows how we feel, but it is up to us to ask God for help. All it takes is for us to tell God how much we need him and desire him.

Here are some scriptures that I read on DOUBT :
Genesis 21:7 "And she added, 'Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age."
*Because of Sarah's worry, doubt, and fear, she had forfeited the peace she could have felt in God's promise to her. We must focus on God's promises. We must TRUST God to do what he says. ( Life Application Study Bible, NIV)

Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is FAITHFUL in all he does."
*God's words can be trusted and God does not forget, change his words, or leave his promises unfulfilled. (Life Application Study Bible, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment