Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Got To Have Faith & Trust in God

Our house hunt began this weekend. It has been a BUSY weekend! We looked over 600 houses online and selected approx. 20 houses we wanted to see. Our realtor drove us to each house over the weekend and we found nothing. We did not even find one that really caught our attention (enough to go back and see it for the second time). We saw beautiful homes, but nothing that meet both of our needs...a big backyard for Collin & our dogs...a little bit of acreage.

The homes that have the flooring we so desire and a nice kitchen are all on zero lots. It became frustrating, but I expected not to find anything in one weekend. This process is going to take some time. We definitely are not going to settle for less! I would love not to have to move twice by renting a home until we find one, but it might be an option after this weekend.

However, houses are being listed every day. Yesterday, there were 7 or 8 houses listed on the market and people are reducing prices tremendously...so, we might be able to afford a house if they drop their price and enter in our price bracket.

In a time like this...I must place all my faith and trust in God to direct us to the house he has planned for us to live in. It is so easy to freak out and worry, but in a time of need we must pray and turn everything over to God. It is human for us to worry and try to do things on our own. I have been GUILTY of doing things on my own for a long time. I know better now and whether it is BIG or small I pray and give my concerns to God.

I opened my bible this morning and the underlined verse was staring straight at me. This is rare as I usually can not find a scripture on either page that relates to me when I open the bible for the first time in the morning. I usually search for the scriptures I need. God is GOOD!

Philippians 4:4-9 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

May God be with you today! I am praying for you and your family...

No comments:

Post a Comment