Friday, January 22, 2010

S-T-R-E-S-S!

I was trying to think of one word this morning to describe this week. Stress, Stressful, Stressed-no matter how the word "stress" is written...that's how I feel. I did not open my Bible yesterday and I feel terrible about it. I can tell I am growing spiritually, because missing time with God before was no big deal. I could tell a difference in my day as well as my attitude!

I have seen and heard many difficult sitations this week. I praise God this morning that my problems are not near as bad as others. I also remembered that my problems do not amount to many other problems in this world today!

...divorce, a father dying, a mother passing, affair-now divorce, a student in a wheelchair, a dog dying, a co-worker passed (to pnemonia), 2nd earthquake in Haiti...WOW! All in one week!

I have learned to count my blessings and today I am! I looked up some scripture verses dealing with stress.

In Exodus 16:2, God provided for the Israelites needs. The cause of the Israelites stress was their lack in trusting God. They could only think about a quick way to escape. Instead of focusing on God's power and wisdom to help deal with the cause of your stress. (Life Application Study Bible, NIV)

In the next verse, David made a commitment to praise God each day. Prayer can release our tensions in times of emotional stress. Trusting God to be our rock, salvation, and fortress will help us through stressful times! (62:3-6)
Psalm 62:1-8
1My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment