Monday, January 11, 2010

Stress & Strength

These past few days have been extremely stressful. I am exhausted as I sit here and type tonight. I regret not seeking the Lord first thing this morning. My day was just not as good as when I pray and read God's word before I start my day.

We had 3 house showings, which one was postponed to Saturday instead of Friday. One couple came twice as they are really interested in the house. Richard worked all weekend, so I was busy cleaning every day...all day! I am TIRED of cleaning...

I really wanted to make a great impression for the 2nd showing as we really want to sell this house! I stressed over every little thing until finally I just had to stop and pray. I realized AGAIN that I was NOT in control. God is in control. No matter how much I would tell myself that if it is God's will then so be....yet, it was really hard...."

I never cleaned like I have before in such a short period of time. I wiped all kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, etc. on top of all my normal cleaning. I wanted everything to look perfect.

I am "paying" for all my hard work as I sit here. I am mentally, physically, & emotionally exhausted!

I am not sure how I made it to the bed last night nor am I sure how I got out of bed this morning. I did pray for God to give me strength to make it to work today.

In times of stress or in times where you need strength-PRAY! I will leave some verses that has helped me get through these last few days...

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze." Ps. 18:32-34

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment