Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

I ran out of time this morning, so I was not able to post something until this evening. I also woke up late and did not have a chance to read the Bible. I just finished reading a passage a few minutes ago.


I read some scriptures that tell you to love your brother and neighbor as thy self.


"Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:18


"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:44

"Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:1-2

I can name many instances where I have not gotten along with people. I will name some places where I have not gotten along with people...

Old job (co-workers)
Current job
Family member (s)
Church
School
Grocery
Neighborhood
& many more places...

It is very difficult for me to forgive and forget. It is also difficult for me to try to get along with people who are not willing. I have a hard time loving someone back who is being mean or ugly.

However, God tells us that we are to love one another as brothers. We are to obey God's commands. I hope that I will reach out to those who have hurt me, who are mean to me, who will have nothing to do with me, who talk bad about me, who thinks they are better, who thinks they are more "godly"....etc...No matter how hard it may be...with time...I might be able to heal a broken relationship. This next verse is good!

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:8-9


No comments:

Post a Comment