Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Worrying

I woke up this morning thinking of all the things I need to do. I have a very long "to do" list. I feel overwhelmed and worried I will not accomplish some of the important things on my list.

I prayed this morning that God will help me with my worries. Several things on my list are beyond my control, but I need to complete the task and turn it over to God.

In the midst of my worries, I decided to read some scriptures...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?" Proverbs 21:24

"Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land." Psalm 37:8-9

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment