Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mistakes Happen!

I did not post anything yesterday...ooops!

I was able to pray before going to work yesterday, but I was not able to read the Bible. I ran out of time and we had a busy afternoon. I left work early to meet Richard. We met with the mortgage person to discuss our house situation as well as see about purchasing another house. We do not have a house in mind, but wanted to get "clearance" before looking at houses. We met with our realtor after meeting with the mortgage company.

It is funny how we can be "too busy" for God. I have asked forgiveness as I do not want to get in the habit of having "excuses" for not putting God first. Can you tell a difference in your day when you do not pray or read God's word? I can!

This morning I was reading about how to keep your relationship with God strong. There are many times where I get bored. The devotional and spiritual books can become stale. I have been in this situation many times! In the past, I would just drift away from God for a period of time. Then, I would realize how much I need God and miss God. So, I would dive back into his word.

I a time like this...We should ask God to use us and tell him we want a deeper relationship with him. We should be honest and let God know that we want to dig deeper.

In Ephesians 1: 17-19, Paul prayed for the believers to know God better.

"I keep asking that the God of your Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelations, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength." (NIV)

In order to get to know someone we must spend time with them. The same is true with God. We must study his word and be active in our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment