Thursday, January 7, 2010

Obeying God's Commands

I read the entire chapter of Deuteronomy 28 a few days ago. The chapter discusses blessings for obedience to God's commands and curses for being disobedient. It was a huge "eye-opener" for me!

I definitely want to make sure I live for God and obey all his commands. I was pretty frightened after reading the curses for disobedience.

"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. " Dt. 28:1

There is a list of blessings starting with verse 3.

I pray that God will continue to help me live for Him and to obey his commands!

I am also praying for you today!

2 comments:

  1. I want to read that chapter too. Thanks for pointing it out. I've decided, thanks to your inspiration, that I'll have my daily quiet time with God during Ella Kate's nap. It will teach me to turn off the t.v. and do what matters most. Thanks for the chapter idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear from you! I miss you so much! I hope Ella Kate is doing well!

    ReplyDelete