Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bad instinct? PRAY!

I was recently driving to Collierville and stopped at a red light. I felt this horrible feeling inside of me. I knew right away that my feeling was an instinct of something about to happen. I could not put a finger on why I was having this horrible feeling. I look over to the car next to me and there were two men of TWO different ethnic backgrounds staring my way. (You would have agreed with me if you were in the car with me!) I started getting closer to the car in front of me, so that my car would not be in line with their vehicle. Then, the men got closer until they were in line with my car again.

I knew right then that my instinct was coming from God. I immediately prayed for God to protect me and to help the light turn green FAST! I bet I prayed at least 10 times for God to protect me. I was very thankful the light turned green and nothing happened. Praise God!

Those guys were bad news! Although, nothing happened to me I know without a shadow of a doubt something could have or would have happened if I did not pray. I also know that someone would be their victim. Looking back...I should have prayed for the next person.

I also read a story about a woman who suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. The woman felt this urge to pray. She said it was around midnight or shortly after. She just started praying although she was unsure what to pray. She asked for protection of her home and her children. The next morning the woman found out why she felt the sudden urge to get on her knees. She said that a neighbor had been robbed at gunpoint. WOW-The POWER OF PRAYER!

"What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?" Deuternonmy 4:7

"Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer." Psalm 6:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment