Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Valleys While Working...

There are many bumpy roads I have taken in order to get where I am today. I still have a long way to go! I know I'm where I'm supposed to be, but sometimes I question myself. If only I was still working with my previous job...I could buy this or that...or if I was still working there I could feel like I was important. Don't get me wrong....I know I am making a difference to a child at school, but you just never receive feedback from a student. There are days I wish I could know that I am making a difference or to feel needed. I received lots of praise with my previous job and I was always appreciated for the things I did.

I was reading some scripture this morning that helped me remember that I am not working for people, but I am working for the Lord. "Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than people." (Eph 6:7)

This quote is from Max Lucado..."God can make a garden out of the cesspool you call work, if you take God with you...with God, our work matters as much as our worship."

I pray that I will continue doing the best job I can and remember I am working for the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I just posted a "way too long" comment and it disappeared. I'm sorry. Well, in short I also felt this way when I decided to stay home with Ella Kate. Don't get discouraged. Look for your rewards in other ways. I also mentioned that I was still praying for you on the house hunting. Sorry! Ella Kate just woke up :( Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete