Friday, January 8, 2010

God is Faithful!

I started remembering what all God has done in my life over the past couple of years this morning. There were a few scriptures that I read this morning that brought one situation to mind.

I worked for a great company a little over a year ago. I remember praying so hard before the interview and after the interview, hoping to get the job. I was blessed and received the position. This company was very good to me and I was able to work my way up rather quickly. I worked there for 4 years. I was able to travel to many places with this company as well as meet many new faces.

I got married and had a baby while working there. I realized after having a child that I did not want to work for this company "long term". I did not want to have to travel and work year round with having a little one. I began to pray and pray and pray...

I really prayed HARD. I began to read God's word. I begged God to show me his will for my life.

I always wanted to be a teacher when I was little. I used to beg mom and dad for a chalkboard, a teacher's edition, and anything teacher related. I can remember mom asking my 2nd grade teacher if she had any extra teacher's edition books that I could have. I also remember asking mom to buy "TAP" drinks and peanut butter crackers as that was my favorite teacher's snacks. I wanted to be just like my teacher.

I refused to pray and find out God's will for my life when I graduated high school. I knew better than to major in what I did (Criminal Justice), but I can not go back and change things. I see now how important it is to do God's will. Long story short...I was sitting at this company searching for God's will for my life. I kept reading God's word...soon I realized that God was calling me in the field of teaching. I typed up a quick resume and passed out to 13 different elementary schools.

I knew I had to take a step of FAITH and do what God was calling me to do. I struggled several times by telling God "no" because I did not know what was in store for me. I did not want to step out of my comfort zone or give up my "security blanket". After all, I had a great job...making decent money...ends were being met...

I finally followed God's call and gave a notice to my boss. It did not go over well like I had planned. My boss was happy I wanted to make a career change and the field I was choosing, but he did not want me to leave. The reactions and soon proposals I received made it much harder for me to follow God's will. I was very tempted to stay and even had to go home and think about it for several days. I kept praying...

I received a phone call asking me to meet with the CEO of the company. I was blown away. I was nervous, yet curious. I prayed before entering the office. I knew my decision (really God's decision) before going in there. The CEO asked what was needed to keep me at the company. He wanted to know first hand that I was leaving. He as well as a few others told me I was crazy for stepping out on a limb without even having a job lined up in the teaching field. I am not sure how it came out, but somehow I managed to say it was a done deal and that I was leaving. I was very thankful of EVERYTHING the company did for me, but there was no amount of money that could keep me there.

I realized I had a missed call when I got back to my desk (after meeting with the CEO). I received a voicemail from a principal at one of the elementary schools I gave a resume to. The principal wanted me to come in for an interview. I met with the principal and she told me how hard it is to get a job in the Desoto County school system. The principal said there are hundreds/thousands of applicants waiting to get a job in the district. The principal said that the reason I got the job was because of where I was currently working. A husband of a teacher works with me and gave me a good reference. I was blown away because I was not familiar with the man at our company. I only knew of the man. I was so grateful and blessed.

Even though I did not choose God's plan for my life initially...he is slowly but surely getting me back to where he wants me to be.

The point of this story is that God is FAITHFUL. I stepped out not knowing if I would even have a job. I knew that God wanted me to get out of where I was and do what he called me to do.

Even in the midst of our unanswered prayers...God is really answering them. The prayers might not be the answers we want, but the requests are being answered by the way God wants them to be answered...according to his will for our life.

I hope you can remember some times when God has been FAITHFUL to you! :)

Here are some verses I read this morning:

(**The third verse was my favorite during my situation**)

"But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning, and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice." Psalm 55:16-17

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56: 4

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10: 13

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy, I thought of something interesting after I finished reading today's blog. I thought that even now...you are teaching. You are teaching all of us by writing this blog. You have moved me to tears and I have only gotten this far. I started back at your very first post and I've read 8 so far and I want to keep on reading right now without getting up and doing what I am supposed to be doing and without continuing my studies which is what I am supposed to be doing right this very minute. But I am going to stop reading your blog for the current minute and get back to what I am supposed to be doing - but I will be back very soon to continue reading and eventually I will catch up and be current with you. You are a great niece and you married one of my great nephews and I just want you to know I love you dearly. I wish we lived closer together. I know I say that to you all the time. Your blog is going to help me in my journey with the Lord. I do love Jesus with all my heart and soul and mind but I need help right now. xo AP

    ReplyDelete