Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pray Wherever, Whenever, & However...God is ALWAYS there!

Each morning is a challenge finding somewhere to pray. My son is a morning person. So, finding a quiet room or spot to pray and read the bible can be difficult. I have learned that no matter where I am praying; God is always listening.

I gave God many thanks & praises yesterday afternoon (and even this morning). We received a call from our realtor. Our realtor said there would be an offer soon and we should know before heading to bed. Both of us were excited, but we tried to be realistic at the same time. We did not want our excitement to get the best of us. The first thing we did was pray. We were trying to find a spot to pray, but Collin was running around with his tractor and we knew no matter which room we prayed in there would still be a lot of noise. So, we just bowed our heads at the kitchen counter and prayed. We prayed for God's guidance and the family making the offer. We can always pray for God's will to be done and his direction, when we do not know what to pray for.

I encourage you as well as myself to find a place and pray. Here are some different ways people in the bible prayed....I also included a neat poem by Sandra Goodwin at the bottom. Please lift us up in prayer as we will be making big decisions with the offer. I will be praying for you too!

"...the people of God bowed down and worshiped." Exodus 4:31

"But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and cried out..." Numbers 16:22

"Hannah prayed at the doorway of the tabernacle and as she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth..." 1Samuel 1:12-15

"Then King David went in and sat before the Lord, and said..." 2 Samuel 8:18

More scriptures...
2 Samuel 7:18-David fasted and prayed by laying on the ground all night
1 Kings 8:54 Solomon knelt and prayed
1 Kings 18:42 Elijah bowed and put his face between his knees
Jonah 2:1 Jonah prayed to the Lord from the stomach of a whale
Matthew 26:39 Jesus poured out his prayers on his face

TRAVELING ON YOUR KNEES
by Sandra Goodwin

Last night I took a journey
To a land across the seas.
I didn't go by ship or plane
I traveled on my knees.
I saw so many people there
In bondage to their sin,
And Jesus told me I should go,
That there were souls to win.
But I said "Jesus, I can't go To lands across the seas."
He answered quickly, "Yes, you can
By traveling on your knees."
He said, "You pray, I'll meet the need.
You call, and I will hear.
It's up to you to be concerned
For lost souls far and near."
And so I did; knelt in prayer,
Gave up some hours of ease,
And with the Savior by my side,
I traveled on my knees.
As I prayed on,
I saw souls saved
And twisted persons healed,
I saw God's workers strength renewed
While laboring in the field.
I said, "Yes Lord, I'll take the job.
Your heart I want to please.
I'll heed Your call and swiftly go
By traveling on my knees."

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem! I had never heard it before. I fall short to God in that I don't pray about the small, minute decisions in everyday life. It seems simple to ask for help in the big things but I need to be reminded about ALL decisions. Thanks for reminding me that He's there no matter how big or small the situation.

    ReplyDelete