Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Attitudes....

Good Morning! Well, this morning I thought I would talk about yesterday. I did not have a great day. I know it was because I did not sleep well. Nothing seemed to go right all day! I had a bad attitude and did not want to be around many people. WHY? I did not have a reason. No one did anything to me. I just did not want to smile or be my happy self.

I noticed a poster in a classroom yesterday. I pass by this poster everyday I am at work. It wasn't until yesterday that I took the time to read it. The poster was perfect for me.

"Attitudes are contagious. Is your attitude worth catching?"

WOW! My attitude was definitely not worth catching. I did have a short quiet time yesterday, but I do not believe I was ready to receive what God wanted me to see in the passage. I know God knew that I just really did not care yesterday. We all have days like these, but we should be even more willing to ask God for help! I should have asked God to help make myself "right" yesterday.

The words we speak have the power to do a lot of harm as well as encourage. Each day we either make someones day better or miserable. If we speak words of encouragement we will always lift others up. When we are discouraged or exhausted we can hurt others.

I hope today will be a better day! "So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others." 2 Peter 1:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment