Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are You Excited When Reading God's Word in the Morning?

This morning I read an awesome quote. "Wasted time of which we are later ashamed, temptations we yield to, weaknesses, lethargy in our work, disorder and lack of discipline in our thoughts and in our interaction with others--all these frequently have their root in neglecting prayer in the morning." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Isaiah 50:4-5
"He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear."

I pray today that I will desire to hear God's word each morning and look forward to reading his word.
Lately, I have not desired reading God's word. I have no idea why. I pray that God will wake me up in the mornings! I pray I will desire his word each day! This morning I tried something a little different to try and encourage me to be excited about reading God's word....it worked! I listened to a song by Chris Tomlin. I have attached the song from YouTube.com below.

Sing, Sing, Sing by Chris Tomlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPN2Z-bgS0

No comments:

Post a Comment