Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God's Timing...

It is so easy to go to God when we have problems or need him for a difficult situation. However, God wants us to come to him daily. He does not want us to come to him just when we need something. I have been praying a long time for God's direction and guidance in my life.

I am starting to see why I have not received the answers I want from God. There were many times I would only come to God the week before needing my prayer answered...only to find out weeks later that I did not receive my request. There was one time when I received an answered prayer...so I thought...only to be disappointed because it was not what I expected. However, I am noticing that there are reasons why we do not receive our prayers answered.

First, we must be patient and wait on God's timing. We can not rush God's plan for our lives.

Psalm 27:7 Life Application Study Bible/NIV
We often run to God when we experience difficulties. But David sought God's guiding presence every day. When troubles came his way, he was ALREADY in God's presence and was prepared to handle ANY test! Many of our problems could be avoided or handled far more easily by seeking God's help and direction before the problem.

Second, we must trust God to handle our lives and situation. We can not take on our problems alone.

I hope that I will continue to seek God daily and lift up my thanksgivings as well as requests daily...not just when I need an answered prayer!

Here are some scripture verses I read this morning.........


"Wait for the Lord; be courageous and let your heart be strong. Wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, 'Seek his face!' Your face, Lord, I will seek. " Ps 27:7

"Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors." Ps 27:11

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Ps 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment