Monday, March 15, 2010

40 out of 70....

Good Morning! Well, I have neglected the blog for a whole week! Yes, a WHOLE week! I am embarrassed, but willing to move forward! I have 40 postings out of 70 days, since I started. I need to improve! I have come a long way in my walk with God, but I need to "reevaluate" these last few weeks.
My son was sick all week last week. None of us slept well in the Chandler household....yet, that is just an excuse to God and I know it! I had plenty of time to pray and read God's word.

This morning I reviewed 2 Peter 3:10, 14 and Matthew 24. I read these two chapters earlier in the week....

"But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief; on that day the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, the elements will burn and be dissolved, and the earth and the works on it will be disclosed....Therefore, dear friends, while you wait for these things, make every effort to be found in peace without spot or blemish before Him." 2 Peter 3:10, 14

I also encourage you to read Matthew 24.

I learned that I must live my life as if God were to return today! The question is: Am I ready if the Lord were to return today? I can honestly say no! I feel that I have not witnessed enough. I do not believe God would be happy with the time I have spent on "myself" and not living for HIM. I feel so selfish!

Am I proud of all of my actions? NO! Am I proud of my thoughts, friends/relationships or all of my prayer requests? NO!

These scripture verses have opened my eyes to see that I need to start LIVING for GOD!

I am praying for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment