Thursday, March 25, 2010

Embarassed...

A teacher embarrassed me a couple of days ago in front of the class. I know my face turned several shades red, but it was my heart that ached the most. It was all I could do to hold my feelings back. I wanted to be ugly and mean, but something inside of me just helped me to let it go. Yet, I never let it go! I needed to vent and gossip about a person I truly thought a lot of...

This morning "hit home" for me! I read Ephesians 4:29 and I Thessalonians 4:9.

Eph 4:29, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
Paul warns us about anger, bad attitudes towards others, & bitterness. I know I am extremely BITTER and it is so hard to forgive this teacher. However, God instructs us to please him with our actions and attitudes.

I Thessalonians 4:9, "Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other."

God's command is to love one another as he has loved us. My challenge today is to forgive the teacher that hurt me and to move on. It will be incredibly hard for me, but I need to do what God is showing me in his word to do!

1 comment:

  1. I know this is hard. I've had it happen to me, and one of the hardest things to do is to pass her in the hall and still be nice and friendly. I will pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete