Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good or Bad?

Choices....
Good Choices or Bad Choices is the question....Everyone makes choices each day.

I look back over this past week and notice that I made some bad choices. I did well with reading my Bible, but I did not pray like I should have been praying. I did not get on my knees and pour my heart out to God. I quickly (maybe I should say "very quickly") prayed and moved on with the daily routine of work & activities. I can not even tell you what I prayed for this week.

My week was not that great. I did accomplish a goal I have been wanting to accomplish. However, as a whole I was not "complete" and things did not go well. I know we all have "off" weeks, but the sad thing is that I knew deep down that I was not doing what I promised to God as well as to myself. I let both of us down this week.

This morning I was reading Deuteronomy 30: 11-20. (I encourage you to read this passage!) I learned that life is a series of choices. From when we wake up until we go to bed, we make tons of decisions. We make decisions about the things we do with our time, what we choose to say or think, as well as handling our actions/reactions.

These decisions we make on a daily basis determine the outcome of our lives....whether good or bad. Each day is a little puzzle piece which we are working to complete the entire puzzle...the life in which we live. Sometimes I need a little scripture passage to make everything come together and open my eyes. It all makes perfect sense and is even common sense....I just need to see it from the word of God to explain things better.

"Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach....No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it." Deut. 30:11,14

"I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, love, the Lord your God, obey Him, and remain faithful to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land the Lord swore to give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." Deut. 30:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment