Saturday, March 27, 2010

REEVALUATION!!!

This morning I took the time to reevaluate myself. I stumbled across Galatians 1:10.

"For am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Am I trying to spend my life pleasing others? Or am I trying to please the Lord? I spent a lot of time thinking about my life this morning. There are many times in my past where I wanted to "fit in" and please others. Yet, God instructs us that we are to please HIM.

The ULTIMATE goal in life is to please GOD! How can I please God?
*Witness to others
*Serve in the community or at church
*Be more Christ-like
*Raise my child in a Christian home/environment
*Work as if I am working for the Lord
*Be joyful
*Praise God more often
*Live by the 10 commandments
...the list could go on!

Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No matter what purse we have on our shoulder or clothes we wear....what car we drive...where we live...where we work...None of this matters to God! What matters is our WALK with God and how we can PLEASE God!!!

I am praying for you today! Katie-Thank you for your encouragement! I replied to your comment below. Thank you for helping me to stay STRONG while studying God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment