Saturday, February 27, 2010

HOPE

Have you ever felt hope for the future slipping away? I have in many circumstances! There are many disappointments and failures I've faced and will continue to face. One failure is maintaining a healthy weight. I am sick and tired of feeling gross about myself. No matter how hard I try to stick to a regular routine or diet, I always FAIL! It is so easy for me to give into temptation when it comes to food. I have said many times I want to change. I keep making excuses (just like when it comes time to spending time with the Lord). Now, I am ready to conquer something I have never been able to do. I am ready to start with learning how to have self control. After all, self control is where it starts!! I am also going to continue learning patience. I know I have to be patient as losing weight will not happen overnight!

I know it sounds silly to ask for prayers to help me stay away from junk food and everything that is bad for me. Yet, God tells us to pray for everything! I know the only way I can overcome my terrible habit is to go to God in prayer. God is the only one to give me the strength I need to practice self-control and watch what I eat.

Some may ask why I want to lose weight?? Well, there are several reasons. My body fat is higher than what it should be for my age as well as being a female. I want to be healthy, so I can live longer and see my son have children one day. I also do not want our son to pick up bad habits from the way I eat. I know that exercising and eating healthy will keep a healthy heart.

Here are a couple of scriptures I read this morning. I will be keeping these scriptures handy as I start the weight loss process!


"I wait for the Lord; I wait, and put my hope in His word." Psalm 130:5
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" Philippians 4:13
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment