Friday, February 26, 2010

Priorities

It has been difficult to get up early enough to type as well as read my bible. I want to pick up the house or piddle through the mail. I am to the point now where I need to take a step back and look at my priorities. It is almost March and most people tend to stop any resolution that they have made around this time. I believe it is because we give up. We do not see immediate results, so we no longer want to work hard at things we so desperately desire.

Hebrews 12:2 came to mind this morning. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I pray that God will help me prioritize my life. I pray that I will continue to seek His will first every morning (even when I am just not that into it!).

Elisabeth Elliot once said, "The work of God is appointed. There is always enough time to do the will of God."

Are we willing to do the work?

In the Life Application Study Bible (NIV), Hebrews 12:2 says, "That the Christian life requires hard work. It requires us to give up things that endanger our relationship with God. To live effectively, we must keep our eyes on Jesus. We should be running for Christ, not ourselves, and we must always keep him in sight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment