Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Patience....

I was trying to think of one word this morning to describe the last several weeks of my life. The first word that came to mind was PATIENCE.

Richard and I were challenged over the past few weeks with trying to find a house. We searched all over the county. We looked at over 1,000 houses online as well as at least 40 in person. We came to the realization that we were not going to find a house. Or would we?

Our main goal was to find a place where we could let Collin roam without worrying about cars zipping up and down the street. Over the past couple of years...cars seemed to treat our street as if it were a "drag strip". I would get worried every time I walked Collin outside the front door. We also wanted a house where we had room to grow. We could not find any of the houses to meet the above criteria as well as in our budget.

I put everything in God's hands from the beginning and he was able to do the IMPOSSIBLE! Just when Richard and I thought we were going to have to rent a house or purchase a home that we would just "deal" with and make changes to....God had already "hand-picked" a house for us. God was preparing a house for us as we were looking the whole time. I get chill bumps just thinking about it.

The pastor's wife, who I work with, approached me about a house that was for sale next to them. I drove by the house and looked at it. I immediately drove off as I knew we would never be able to afford this beautiful house. I was encouraged to look at the house anyway (regardless, if I thought it was too much). **The seller did not have a $ figure in mind.

To make a long story short---We made an offer and it was declined. I knew this house was for us, but I also knew we would have to move on as we were not spending more than our budget. I prayed and kept looking at other houses. The seller (of the house we loved) called us back and confirmed our offer.

The seller said he had been praying and he felt like God wanted us to have this house. I could not believe my eyes as I saw God's hands literally make the IMPOSSIBLE...POSSIBLE!!!!!! Thank you, Lord!!!!

Literally--every detail from the contract to the closing, God had his hands in every bit of it. Richard and I came to the conclusion that we were going to be homeless for a few short weeks until we could close on this new house. However, God had better intentions. He was able to make everything work out to where we were able to close on both houses in one day. AMAZING! We had less than two weeks to fill out paperwork and get everything processed & completed. We thank God every minute of our lives for blessing us with an incredible deal and a beautiful house...(we never thought could be ours)!

So, I mentioned the word Patience. God taught both of us to not jump too soon and to be patient. Waiting on God's will for your life is soooooo worth it. God is truly amazing and he did the impossible for us!!!

"I wait for the Lord; I wait, and put my hope in his word." Psalm 130:5
"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart." Psalm 31
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment