Saturday, April 17, 2010

Taking things for granted...

This morning I felt guilty because I did not open my bible once this week. I did read a couple of devotions, but I did not pray like I usually do nor did I read God's word.

I saw and heard many devastating things this week that were happening in the lives of others. It made me think of the many times I take things for granted.....and do not praise God ENOUGH for the blessings in my life. Everything in my life is a GIFT from GOD and I pray that I will never take life or any blessing for granted. I owe everything to HIM!

I would like to thank God for my family....for my wonderful husband....for my beautiful, healthy son....for shelter, clothing, & food....for protection...for guidance...for paying for my sins....and the list keeps going!

I read Psalms 100 this morning.


A Psalm. For giving thanks.

1 "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment