Thursday, April 1, 2010

COMPLAINING....

Sometimes, I can be the QUEEN of complaining. I hear it all the time from my husband.

My husband will remind me to look at the positive side of things instead of the negative side. I have always been an optimistic kind of person. Yet, for some reason I have been dwelling on the negative side of things (making complaints about things).

I read Philippians 2:14-15 this morning..."Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life."

Am I shining like a star? NO! I took a step back and looked at why I might be complaining. I started to see that I have been complaining more because of the people I "hang" out with. I am making a goal starting today to surround myself with positive people instead of negative people. It will be hard, but I feel this will help my situation. I also plan to ask for God's help.

Jim Gallery says it best..."It's your choice: you can either count your blessings or recount your disappointments!"

I know I have been BLESSED tremendously! I think it is a lot more exciting to think of the blessings God has poured out then to look at all the disappointments in life.

****As Easter approaches, I hope we all take time to THANK our heavenly father for the blood he shed for all of us!****

No comments:

Post a Comment