Wednesday, April 7, 2010

PRAISE GOD!

It is ALL about God's timing. No matter how long it takes to complete or succeed at something...it all depends on WHEN God is READY....not when I am ready!!!

Yesterday was a BIG day for me. Most of you know that I have been trying VERY hard to pass a test that is required for teachers. I have passed the other tests required, but I lacked one. I have tried more than 3 times to pass this test. I even took a break and asked God to open another door if I was not meant to be a teacher. I did not know how to hear from God nor did I know how to see what God had in store for my life.

I would sit still hoping to find a scripture verse or even a "sign" from God to show me the way. During the process, I learned many things. I learned how to be PATIENT. I learned how to SEEK God daily and lift ALL my concerns over to HIM. I learned that NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE for God. I learned that it is not about "my" plan for my life, but God's plan for my life. I learned not to go with the desires of my own heart, but to follow God's desires for my life (I jumped too quickly into a job because I so desired to be a teacher, instead of waiting patiently for God's plan and timing....i.e. Horn Lake Middle).

I have learned to TRUST only God and not man. I have learned to NEVER give up! I share this with you today because there might be something that you feel like God has planned for your life, but you are not seeing any results or feel as if God is not listening. It has been 2 years since I started taking the test for the first time. I did take a long break from taking the test, because I was burned out and upset with the results each time....yet, I NEVER stopped asking God for help and for his will to be done in my life.

I pray for my future with the tough economy right now. I have no idea where God will be taking me, but I know that he is the captain of my ship and I will follow where ever he LEADS me!

Acts 27:25 "So, keep up your courage and have faith in You that things will happen just as You said."

Isaiah 7:9 "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."

Matthew 15:28 "You have great faith! Your request is granted."

P.S.-I have a prayer request....
I wanted to share my exciting news to several people I work with, so I went to a select few throughout the day and shared my results. I saw reactions I never thought I would see from people I thought were my friends. God, this has been a long process and now a tough battle...but I know I can get through ANYTHING with you! There is always someone to "rain" on your parade, but I will put it all behind me and continue to seek on with God's plan. Please pray that I will have strength to move forward with hurtful comments.
"In the last days many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate one another. O, Father, help me to never turn away and turn cold." Matthew 24:10


*

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chrissy! I'm so proud of you! You really have waited a long time for this. Don't let anyone get you down, I understand how hard that test is. What a terrific accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete