Thursday, June 3, 2010

God is ALWAYS watching over me...

God has truly opened my eyes these past couple of days. I am truly seeing the power of prayer. I have been asking God to help me get motivated and soak up his word in the mornings again. In the past two days, God has shown me how powerful and ALMIGHTY he is....

Tuesday: My husband and I were at Target purchasing a few grocery items. Of course, we end up buying more then what we came to buy. We thought of more things in the freezer section we were out of...then, we went to the check out register...
Earlier in the day, I had to call the bank and put a stop to one of our debit cards due to it being lost. I misplaced the card somewhere and was unsure of where it might be. I thought the best solution was to place a "hold" on the card until I could find it.
My husband swipes the debit card and it would not take. This has never ever happened to us and we were unsure what in the world was going on. We had plenty of funds in the bank and it did not even "dong" on me that I placed a stop to the debit card because Richard had his own, so it would not affect his card. Or would it??? So, we are standing in line with several customers behind us and a cart full of groceries. I had a little bit of cash and so did Richard, but not enough to cover $90 something dollars. Panic mode sets in....
I did not inform Richard about placing a "hold" on my card because he was asleep when I was searching for my card and when I called the bank. Long story short....I soon realized that Richard had my card and I had Richard's debit card. So, when I called to place a hold on my card-I really placed a hold on the wrong one because somewhere along the way we happened to switch cards without knowing it!!! We decided that we would have to put everything back or somethings back in order to only buy what we had with the amount of cash in our wallets. I had $30 on me and Richard had $50 something. We were $6.00 short. All of a sudden, Richard pulls out some business cards and stuck in between was just the amount of money needed to pay for our cart!!! I praised the Lord because neither one of us knew where the money came from. Richard did not ever remember money being placed in between business cards and there was no way I could call the bank to reverse the hold because it was after banking hours.

Last night: I was at the grocery once again! This time I was buying ingredients to make a birthday dessert for Richard's uncle. It was dark outside when I left Walmart. I started to hear footsteps getting closer to me and my GUT was feeling funny. I turned around and a 200 pound man was walking closer and closer behind me. He was not carrying any groceries or pushing a cart. I thought it was odd...he was at a grocery store without any groceries! I knew immediately something was about to happen. Out of the blue, I stop, turn around, and ask the man, "What's up?"....I have no idea how the question came out of my mouth, but it did. I thought to myself..."Are you crazy, Chrissy?"

Hear I am about to confront a man that I feel something strange is about to happen. The man does not reply and keeps on following me. I am approaching my car and do not want to get in, so I make a circle around other vehicles. Again, I turn around and ask him, "What's up?"...He gets mad and screams..."I am walking to my car!"....

I have always heard it is good to let a suspect know you see them and are aware of them. I am not sure how I was able to say anything while my heart was beating super fast. Yet, I managed. I prayed in the middle of the scenario and was able to steer clear from him. I am not sure what could of happened, but the man was up to no good!

God is always watching and protecting us. Even when we stray away from his word. I need God like never before and these two small incidents are showing me that I can not make it on my own without HIM!

Ephesians 3:17, "Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust Him" (NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment