Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am not a fan of English, so please overlook grammatical errors....

I decided to start this blog for many reasons. I would like to hold myself accountable as if having a prayer partner or an accountability partner. I have not had a prayer partner since my freshman year in college! I hope by having a blog it will help me to stay on track with my alone time with God as well as share my feelings. I would like to use this as a journal to see what God is doing in my life and what plans he has in store for me.

I would love to have suggestions on great devotional books, bible studies, authors, musicians, as well as create a prayer list for friends & family needing prayers...The good Lord knows I need all the prayers I can get!

Where it begins...

I am at a point in my life where I desperately need to be closer to God. I looked at my New Year's Resolutions from 2009. My top priority was to pray more and establish a routine by praying each day and to be more "CHRIST-like". Why is it so hard to pray? Each morning I am faced with many things I so call "need" to do....start the washer, make breakfast, take a shower, pick up belongings, wash dishes, take care of a child, etc.

Why can I not just drop everything and seek the Lord? Why is it so hard? Then, after I have everything completed I am out of time to open the Bible or even pray. At least, that is what I tell myself. I make excuses or make other arrangements to pray...pray on the way to work, pray when I get to work, pray in the bathroom as I am getting ready...but it never works. My excuses are just excuses!!

I am ready to change. I am ready to start this new year by changing my ways. I read my Bible this morning and it was such a GREAT feeling! I prayed and let God know my praises, concerns, & requests. If it is a good feeling, why do I have such a hard time making time for God?

I would love to get advice, wisdom, & understanding from any of you reading this blog. I look forward to sharing with you my thoughts and prayers as the new year approaches!

Here are some scripture verses I came across this morning...

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God...My soul thirsts for you; my body longs for you" (Psalm 42:1)

"Lord, teach us to pray" (Luke 11:1)

"...You should always pray and not give up!" (Luke 18:1)

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." (Romans 12:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment